As well as Athena Swan and HeForShe, the University of Leicester's commitment to gender equality includes:
- Leadership for gender equality initiatives - A high level executive group has been established
- A year-on-year increase in proportion of women professors in STEM - this has risen from 9% to 17%.
- International Women’s Day - we celebrate every year with a series of events.
- Aurora Women’s Leadership Programme - we sponsor an annual cohort of women who cascade their learning. The programme is for women only and is run by the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education.
- We sponsor and facilitate returning female researchers - the Daphne Jackson Trust provides fellowships for people who have been out of academia for at least two years. Usually, this would be women who have taken on childcare. As a Daphne Jackson sponsor, we jointly fund this programme.
- We provide a central carer's conference fund - this helps to pay for additional caring costs which may arise when staff are required to attend important training events or conferences held on days when they normally wouldn’t work.
- We deliver unconscious bias training - delivered with a member of our Psychology Department.
- We have dedicated breastfeeding and baby changing facilities.