Who will we be?
Our staff and students are at the heart of our strategic plan. They helped to create it, and they will help us to deliver it. But where do we want to be? In this section we explore the key themes that will help us pioneer a distinctive elite of universities.
We aim for excellence. Already one of the very best British and global universities, we enjoy an enviable record of research discoveries, a flair for teaching innovation and proven success in broadening access to higher education.
We are long established, yet focused on a future that will see us pioneering a distinctive elite of research-intensive institutions, open to all who have talent. This will ensure that employers know that a degree from the University of Leicester is second to none.
This future will see us focus on eight main themes of activity, which together will help us realise this plan.
- A culture of collaboration in which excellence in research and learning is delivered
- Inseparable research and learning at the heart of everything we do
- A commitment to success built on partnership, innovation and enterprise
- A focus on students and a commitment to social mobility
- A culture of equality in which everyone is valued
- Our local impact, which makes a real difference to our city and region
- An international outlook which expands the horizons of our staff and students
- The unique character of our University