We will deliver and support excellent research in all its forms, from the fundamental and conceptual – which lays the foundations of new knowledge – to the applied and translational work that delivers social and economic impact.
- We will continue to nurture our distinctive approach, which genuinely blends research and teaching.
- We will invest in excellent research and enterprise, through targeted recruitment and high-quality infrastructure and support services.
- We will focus on developing existing and future research leaders.
- We will increase and diversify our research and enterprise income, at a faster rate than our peers, to enable further and future investment.
- We will recognise, reward and celebrate excellence in research and enterprise. We will also challenge ourselves to maximise the contribution of all our staff.
- We will continue to recognise the underpinning importance of disciplinary excellence while providing an environment that promotes cross-disciplinary collaboration
- We will sustain and further develop a diverse network of national and international partnerships and facilitate the co-production and co-authorship of knowledge by communicating our research findings to key stakeholders, sponsors, potential partners and the public.
- We will focus on the difference that our research can make to our disciplines, our collaborators and our public.