Managing Information: Technology and Systems
Module code: MN7510
This is not a computer science module nor is it primarily about the technicalities of information technology. Instead, it provide a conceptual foundation for the consideration of informational practices within modern organisations. It does not provide a toolkit for either systems use or design.
- Management, information and the labour process
- Psychological and organisational implications of technology
- Information, representation and organisation
- Technology and perception: modelling the social world
- Speaking for information systems: analysing and prescribing material information
- Representation and simulation
- New management practices: empowerment, information and control
- The virtual organisation?
- Managing technological change
- Essay (100%)