Business Ethics in a Global Context
Module code: MN7506
Module co-ordinator: Dr Maria Puig de la Bellacasa
In an increasingly global environment, issues of ethics are of an increasingly strategic nature for global firms. This module covers a wide range of classical and contemporary ethical theories and applies them to more pragmatic approaches found in the field of business studies such as the corporate social performance model or the stakeholder management approach.
- Contested nature of moral philosophical argument as it has been applied to business organizations.
- Connections between ethical and political forms of argument.
- Global dimensions of debates about corporate social responsibility in the cultural, environmental and political arenas.
- Systematic analysis of selected personal, organizational and global ethical dilemmas.
- 6 hours of lectures
- 6 hours of tutorials
- 96 hours of guided independent study
Two-hour exam (70%) and group work (30%)