Workplace Learning and HRM
Module code: MN2143
Workplace learning is critical to ensuring skill development, and this module will introduce you to its fundamentals, as well as its relationship with human resource management.
You'll look at the significance of workplace learning within the context of vocational skills development both nationally and internationally, particularly looking at human capital flight. You'll consider workforce learning and best practice within the field, as well as major theoretical developments. Plus, you'll examine the key factors that determine access to workplace learning and the role of human resource management in its promotion.
- Workplace learning within the national context of vocational skills development
- Approaches to workforce learning with reference to workplace practice
- Key factors determining access to workplace learning
- The process of learning using key theoretical developments
- The role of HRM in promoting learning at work
- 20 hours of lectures
- 8 hours of seminars
- 172 hours of guided independent study
- Exam, 1 ½ hours (60%)
- Coursework (40%)