Module code: MA7903
In this module you will be allocated into one of the four houses in the Department -Noether House, Gauss House, Newton House, or Euler House.
A House is a community of staff and students which provides a support structure for the academic and social aspects of the your university life. It will help you to develop strong ties and friendships with fellow students, and give you a sense of belonging and opportunities to develop your leadership, mentoring, and teamwork skills.
Some of the goals of the House System include:
- To create a structure and timetabled activities of the student body, which will help the associated staff members to become more familiar with the students in their Houses, fostering a more personal connection between staff and students
- To give the you a sense of belonging
- To create rituals to mark important events in your life
- To provide a framework for work and social activities
- To provide a natural setting for competition, both mathematical and athletic
- To organise the teaching of small groups to mesh with the House System
- To provide a framework for peer support and mentoring of junior students by senior students
- To provide you with a forum for presentations and public speaking
The associated staff members of the House include the House Tutor and Personal Tutors. You will maintain your association with the House throughout your studies at Leicester. Each House will have a site on Blackboard and all the information on the structure of support, announcements, activities, discussion boards, and chats on House-related subjects can be found there.
The life of a House is organised around regular meetings of associated staff and students during the House Hour.
- Attendance only