Module code: LM7503
This module introduces the process of social science research and the fundamental debates pertaining to the philosophy of social science. The module also provides research methods training in a range of techniques that students will be able to apply as they move on to the dissertation stage of the programme.
On completion of this module students will have:
- An understanding of the practical, ethical and theoretical processes underpinning social science research
- The ability to select appropriate research methods
- An understanding of the issues relating to the design, construction, implementation and analysis of quantitative and qualitative research
- This module is studied by distance learning.
- Written paper, 4,000-5,000 words (100%)