Labour Market Themes, Issues and Controversies
Module code: LM3503
This module reflects on the similarities and differences between personnel management and HRM. It looks at the contemporary use of information technology in organisations. The module then explores the various stages of HR resourcing, from manpower planning through job analysis to recruitment and selection of individuals. Lastly, this module examines the legal framework which underpins the terms of conditions of employment.
- The concept of the 'labour market'
- Different kinds of labour market flexibility
- Different measurements of job quality
- The long term decline in trade union membership
- 150 hours of guided independent study
- Essay, 3,000-4,000 words (100%)