Digital and Social Media Journalism
Module code: JO2005
This module will introduce you to digital and social media journalism. Having learned how to produce effective news and features in the first year, you will apply your professional skills to digital and social media platforms, developing fast and effective ways of disseminating and sharing your journalism widely.
- What is Digital Media?
- What is Social Media?
- Exploring journalism websites
- Exploring social media channels
- Effective digital and social media practice
- Theories and concepts around digital and social media
- 2 hours of tutorials
- 33 hours of practical work
- 115 hours of independent study
- Portfolio and critical reflection (100%)