Module code: EG7022
The module will be delivered through a series of seminars and practical sessions. The theoretical aspects of the module will be complemented with extensive practical exercises using MATLAB based computer modelling.
Subjects which will be studied include:
- Introduction to MATLAB and the Communications Toolbox;
- Baseband digital transmission;
- Digital transmission through bandlimited channels;
- Digital transmission via carrier modulation;
- Channel capacity and coding;
- Digital communications through fading multipath channels.
- 11 hours of lectures
- 24 hours of practicals
- 115 hours of guided independent study
- Exam, one hour (40%)
- Lab exercise (30%)
- Design exercise (30%)