Research Trends in HCI
Module code: CO7222
Exploring the newest development in HCI in terms of theories, methods and technologies can help us gain insights into exciting challenges in the field. In this module we will take a broad overview of emerging HCI topics such as gamification, self-care technology and digital fabrication for wellbeing. This will let you keep abreast of frontline, cutting-edge research topics and allow you to become inspired to explore them for yourself. We will look in particular at how to construct research questions and how to select relevant HCI research methods to address them.
As part of this module you will identify a specific topic and develop a research project plan progressively through discussions with your supervisor and fellow students.
- Overviews of emerging HCI topics
- Group discussion of a selected research topic
- Individual research plans for investigating the selected theme
- 12 hours of lectures
- 4 hours of tutorials
- 24 hours of practicals
- 110 hours of guided independent study
- Poster (20%)
- Report on research methodology (30%)
- Research plan of a pilot study (10%)
- Mini project report on pilot study (40%)