Software Architecture and System Development
Module code: CO2103 (double module)
In this module we will explore the main phases of the software development process. We will elicit and analyse customer requirements following an agile methodology, and produce object-oriented system designs - by applying design patterns and architectural styles. You will also:
- Incorporate security into specifications and designs by following a flexible security specification process.
- Use UML for consistent specifications of software systems and business processes, as well appropriate techniques for software development and testing, including mechanisms for software reuse.
- Implement small to medium size programming tasks through the use of different techniques, software tools, libraries and components.
- Apply design techniques to the development and implementation of a small to medium size computer program that is a solution to a real-world problem.
- 48 hours of lectures
- 16 hours of tutorials
- 32 hours of supervised time in lab/studio/workshop
- 204 hours of guided independent study
- Coursework (100%)