Experimental Research Project B
Module code: BS3102
This module comprises the oral presentation and report write-up of the practically-based, laboratory, bioinformatics or field work –based modules. With the support of the project supervisor, you will develop skills in critical analysis, discussion and presentation of the findings of your practical research projects through directed reading, independent research of the literature, face to face discussions and formative feedback on drafts of both written and oral presentations of your research.
Skills gained during this module
- The ability to locate appropriate literature sources and verbally interpret their findings in relation to other work in the subject area and in relation to the project findings.
- Presentation and critical discussion of key findings and research data in the form of both an oral presentation with slides and in the production of a written report.
- 16 hours of seminars
- 24 hours of project supervision
- 260 hours of guided independent study
- Oral presentation (20%)
- Experimental report, 6,000 words (80%)