1921 Gin Competition
With thoughts turning to sunny days and warm evenings sitting in the garden, our 1921 Gin is the perfect tipple!
Why not head to the University of Leicester Botanic Gardens Plant Sale this Sunday (28th June) and see if you can find some of the ingredients.
Post your pics to Facebook or Twitter, tag the University of Leicester with #UoL100. We will choose 4 of our favourite posts, and our followers will then vote for their favourite – the one with the most likes will win a bottle of 1921 Gin.
Terms and Conditions
- Entry is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over. Entrants are not allowed to enter on behalf of a minor due to the nature of the prize.
- Employees of 45 West Bottle Shop and Bar, Burleighs Gin and University of Leicester, and any associated group companies and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid.
- The closing time for entries is Wednesday 31st July 2019, 11.59pm GMT. Any entries received after this time will be disregarded.
- Entry to the competition must be by the applicable method and in accordance with the deadlines as indicated below.
- No bulk, automated, machine assisted, third party, syndicate or other group entries will be accepted. We shall disqualify any entries which, in our reasonable opinion, appear to have used any of these entry methods.
- Entrants agree that if they are selected as a finalist, their image will be put forth for a public vote on Facebook to decide the overall winner.
- Entrants agree that Twitter entries can be uploaded and shared on Facebook, and vice versa.
- Entrants agree that by entering, they are happy to have their pictures and videos shared across 45 West Bottle Shop and Bar, Burleighs Gin and University of Leicester’s social platforms, website and blog.
- In entering, entrants agree to participate in press and PR activity, photoshoots and interviews related to the competition.
- Entry is by Facebook and Twitter only.
- To enter, individuals must upload a picture of the University of Leicester Botanic Garden to University of Leicester’s Facebook page or to Twitter using the hashtag #UoL100. Entrants must ensure that their profiles are public.
- The judges will choose the four finalists on Monday 5th August 2019. The competition will then become open to the public for voting. The finalists with the most public votes by the closing date will win.
- The closing date for the public votes is Friday 30th August 2019 at 12pm.
- Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, incomprehensible, or not received by University of Leicester by the due deadline will be void.
- The winner must claim their prize by Wednesday 4th September 2019 9pm or another winner will be selected.
- In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of any answers given by entrants, or the operation of any part of the competition the decision of University of Leicester shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- University of Leicester will use a representative from the University of Leicester and a representative of 45 West to choose four entrants to be shortlisted.
- University of Leicester will open voting via the University of Leicester Facebook page where the public can vote for their favourite finalist to be the winner.
- The top prize will be a bottle of 1921 Gin.
- The winner will be notified on the date the winning entry is selected, Friday 30th August 2019, and will be given until 9pm, Wednesday 4th September 2019 to claim their prize. Failure to respond within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize and another winner may be selected. However, University of Leicester will make reasonable efforts to contact the winner to ensure this does not happen.
- University of Leicester accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize that are not specifically included in the prize.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for a cash, voucher or product equivalent.
- The winner must provide proof of age before the prize can be given to them.
In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to comply with these Terms and Conditions or the Competition Information, University of Leicester shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. Entrants must comply with any directions given to them by University of Leicester including in relation to any and all relevant laws, rules and regulations.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you and we submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
University of Leicester reserves the right to withdraw or amend any competition as necessary due to circumstances outside its reasonable control.
For any queries regarding the running of this competition, please contact University of Leicester on firstname.lastname@example.org