Core Chemistry Distance Learning Part 2
Module code: CH3602
This is the second part of the core distance learning that you'll undertake during your year of industry and made up of three distinct areas.
In the first part of this module, there are two streams. The route you follow depends on your specialism.
- If you are studying Chemistry or Chemistry with Forensic Science, you will study topics from CH3203 Advanced Physical Chemistry.
- If you are studying Pharmaceutical Chemistry, you will study topics from CH3205 Metals in Synthesis.
The second part of this module has three distinct streams. Again, the route you follow depends on your specialism.
- If you are studying Chemistry, you will have the choice of studying topics from either CH3204 Biological Chemistry, CH3205 Metals in Synthesis or CH3206 Advanced Analytical Chemistry.
- If you are studying Chemistry with Forensic Science, you will look at topics from CH3212 Forensic Science.
- If you are studying Pharmaceutical Chemistry, you will look at topics from CH3211 Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
The third part of this module is a general synoptic paper, in which you will utilise the general principles that you would have learnt in core modules from your first and second years.
- 300 hours of guided independent study
- Coursework 1 (25%)
- Coursework 2 (25%)
- Coursework 3 (20%)
- Exam, 1 ½ hours (30%)