How ignite works
Ignite will be delivered the following way:
- Small group learning sessions, such as tutorials and seminars, will run face-to-face and/or be live cast online
- Larger lectures will be delivered by live cast and/or recorded, so you can login when you want and watch from the comfort of your room in halls or from home
- Academic and personal support will be available to you either virtually or face-to-face to respond to your needs. This will include weekly check-ins on your progress and wellbeing
- If you are an undergraduate student, you will be matched with a peer mentor (usually in their second or third year of study) to guide you through your transition to university
- Our award-winning student support services, from the library to careers to well-being, will be available both face-to-face and online with many of these available 24/7
- New flexible accommodation packages allow you to choose your on-campus living option to meet your study and student experience requirements;
- We will offer a vibrant and safe on-campus social experience to ensure you settle in and make friends
- Our campus-based activities and face-to-face learning will adapt with the national and local situation
What will it actually look like?
COVID-19 has changed how we will all live, work and study when at university, so we have reviewed everything we do, to ensure that you know your safety and wellbeing is at the core of all our decisions.
We want to outline to you the key principles and changes to the delivery of your degree programme. This covers any changes as we adapt to government guidance around social distancing, how placements, field trips and lab work may change and where on campus academic delivery is undertaken.
These are challenging times, but we are a strong university community and everybody is here to support you every step of the way.