What to do if you feel unwell

If you develop any symptoms of coronavirus or have tested positive for coronavirus, or have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms or who has tested positive for coronavirus, do not attend campus. Follow NHS guidance.

You should self-isolate following government guidance and request a test or call 119.

If you are on campus and you require urgent emergency assistance, activate your emergency button on Safezone or call the University security emergency number 0116 252 2888.

Inform your line manager, supervisor or Head of School, and complete the University’s online form if you have symptoms or a confirmed case of coronavirus, and report any sickness absence through Employee Self-Service in the usual way.

If you have been on campus, notify your line manager, supervisor or Head of School that you have symptoms and are awaiting a test. Let your manager know of any other staff members, students or other people that you have been in contact with at work.

If you test positive, use the NHS test and trace service and complete the University’s online form.